Sunday, May 19, 2013

Blog Update

Well it has been a little over a year since I launched out with the idea for a blog that reviews books. It has been said that the first year of anything tends to be the most difficult. This truly has been the case for me. I set  out with the intention to try to review 36 books a year. However several things have kept me from that and I would love to take a minute to update you on my life.

1. I graduated with my Bachelor's Degree in Pastoral Studies from Baptist Bible College in Springfield, MO

My Family (from Left to Right): Mike (Dad), Audry (Mom), Me, Cory (Brother),  Amy  (Sister)














I enrolled at BBC in the Fall of 2008 and graduated on May 17, 2012. It was as incredible four year journey in which I learned a lot and made a ton of friends. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the college.

2. I got married on July 28, 2012.













I met my beautiful wife in February of 2010 and we started dating on March 29, 2010. We had a wonderful wedding in a small town an hour north of Detroit, MI. I have loved every minute of our time together and cannot wait to see where God is going to take us.

3. I enrolled in Seminary and have just completed my first year at Baptist Bible College Graduate School in Springfield, MO.


I was blessed to begin working on my Masters of Divinity this Fall and work as a teaching assistant for the College. I was challenged with Hebrew and Systematic Theology and all in all I could definitely see God working in me and growing me. I also had the opportunity to teach in the College during the Fall and Spring as a teaching assistant. It was a lot of fun and work but again so worth it to watch as God worked in me and the students that I was teaching.

It is crazy to think that it has been so long since I started this blog. There will be some updates to the blog and I wanted to tell you personally what to expect:

1. There will be a new name!

I am in the process of changing the name of the blog as it will be heading in a new direction. Instead of just posting book reviews the blog is going to expand to include posts about culture, Scripture, and other fun things. Also the blog will be doing giveaways of gift cards and books and other things to subscribers from time to time, so if you are not a subscriber make sure to watch to see when to subscribe for giveaways! 

2. More posts and more book reviews!

I am making sure to have more than one post every other couple of months. Posts will become more frequent and hopefully you will enjoy them. Thanks for taking the time to check the blog out and please stay tuned for more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment